Wednesday 1 July 2009

Here I am!

Well, here I am world, come & find me!

I'm a 40 something year old living in the beautiful north of England.

Been interested in crafts all my life. Have done embroidery, knitting, cross-stitch & needlepoint forever & I've just started learning to crochet, a friend is very kindly giving me lessons, she has a lot of patience!

Went to Woolfest last Friday which was very exciting. Lots of inspiration but was very good & didn't spend too much. Did buy some hessian & a proddy to make a rag rug - another project to start!

But first I must finish the rug I've been doing for 13 years, just got the border to do, only been taking me 3 years!
Then I need to decide what I want to crochet with my new-found ability.
& get wool & pattern for a cobweb lace shawl/stole. If anyone has a reliable pattern, would love to see it, keep looking them up on the net & can't decide what to do. Saw some absolutely fabulous ones at Woolfest & am desperate to make one. Also want to use Rowan's kidsilk haze mohair as it looks beautiful & the colours are to die for.

Yesterday I made some elderflower cordial for the first time & it was so lovely that I'm now making 6 bottles more.

Also making some elderflower champagne, apparently it's non-alcoholic, which is a bit disappointing & you have to wait 2 weeks for it to mature, looks pretty dire at the moment but smells wonderful. Using a recipe given to me by a neighbour from a WI Cookbook from 1939!

So many things to do & just not enough hours in the day........

No comments:

Post a Comment