Monday 23 November 2009


Well it's official, I'm now on Etsy & Blogger as Beside The Beck.

Dreadful play on words, as my nearest & dearest call me Beck & we live close to a beck, here in Cumbria. Although a raging torrent would be a better description over the last few days, this is what it looked like at the weekend. Lots of our neighbours have been flooded with many roads closed & bridges lost or too damaged to use, all incredibly sad.

I'm knitting another shawl, but this time with beads in the laceweight linen from K1 Yarns in Edinburgh, it's the first time I've ever knitted with beads & I absolutely love the effect, I can see I'll be adding beads to everything. Although I couldn't get a crochet needle fine enough to thread through the beads to attach them, so have threaded them onto the yarn & am knitting them in as I go, very fiddly & not awfully sure if they'll stay where I put them, only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment