Monday 3 January 2011

New Year Resolutions

Christmas is definitely over when the tree looks like this, so sad....

Anyway, onward & upward,
Happy 2011!

Spent New Year for the first time in Scotland, where my husband comes from, it's traditional to have a steak pie for a meal & our sister-in-law made a wonderful steak pie with Aberdeen Angus Steak, goodness knows how much it cost but it tasted it wonderful. Looks like Desperate Dan's Cow Pie........
The day before I made a ham, using a Nigella recipe, it's the 2nd year I've done it & it's just wonderful & I'm not a great lover of gammon.

I made Delia's roasted potatoes with rosemary & garlic & her roasted Mediterranean vegetables to go with it... However many you make it's never enough!


I hate New Year resolutions as you're just setting yourself up for a fall by, here goes;
1) Blog more
2) Get fitter, don't need to lose weight but want to get fitter & leaner, maybe run more, used to before, just need to get out of bed & do it!
3) Knit more (don't think husband would agree with this one) & design more patterns.....
4) Do more, just generally, life gets in the way & you don't do half as much as you intend to, who really cares if the dusting gets done!
5) Set up a website, rather than just a blog
6) More holidays, well why wouldn't you? One year my New Years' resolutions many years ago, was to go away every month of the year, lasted till about July & then I gave up, those were the days when I worked for money!


No comments:

Post a Comment