Sunday 16 October 2011

Loweswater Show 2011

Just got to see what I won at this year's Loweswater Show, which was at the beginning of September, but we were away, so our neighbour, Maud, who runs the Industrial section, put my things in for me.


I was amazed I got a 1st for my blackberry jelly, am quite chuffed with that, as usually don't do well in the cooking section. Then a 1st for a drawing of a fern, I did years ago.
Then a 1st for my Shetland Inspired scarf, knitted in a butterscotch mohair, it's gorgeous.
And another 1st for my easy peasy shawl in double knit, it has a metallic thread through it which catches the light.
A 2nd for an embroidered alphabet.
And last but not least a 3rd for a crocet article, which was a bag I made to keep my yarn stash in! Think I would have done better but I know I didn't finish off very well when I attached the flowers, I was in a rush to finish it & at the time I hadn't even thought about putting it into the show, would have tried a bit harder!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Finland. This, through a blog is a great get to know other countries and their people, nature and culture. Come take a look Teuvo images and blog to tell all your friends that your country flag will stand up to my collection of flag higher. Sincerely, Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete