Saturday 2 January 2010

More Christmas

This is our Christmas tree, it's coming down tomorrow as the dog keeps knocking the needles & my favourite baubles off it!

And this is our dog......

Had some of the elderflower champagne I'd made during the summer over Christmas, it's so lovely, such a gorgeous taste with the smell of summer & a gentle fizz, will definitely make lots more next year.

Also, had some of the chutneys, jellies, jams, pickles & membrillo, which is a quince cheese which they eat in Spain with Manchego cheese. First time I've made this & it turned out brilliantly, it really complements the cheese, perfect combination of sweet & sour.

These are my shelves in a cupboard, I'm very sad & just like looking at all the jars lined up.

The fruit gins/whiskies/brandies are waiting to be decanted. The blackberry brandy & whisky are ready but the sloe gin still tastes like cough mixture! When I decant the blackberries, I want to have them as a special dessert with some luxury ice cream or pannacotta - lovely.......





No comments:

Post a Comment